Faculty & Staff Resources

The Moody College bridge


Please contact Elaine Kilduff and Carmen Hoffman

UPDATES last made on 10/8/2021.  Please read through carefully and contact Elaine Kilduff if you have any questions.


Guest Speakers


Cash Advances


Procard Purchasing

Peer Observation

Other Forms and Information



  • General Info / Rules
  • Electronic RTA Request
    • Submit travel requests AS SOON AS you are aware you may be traveling.  Notify me if your travel plans ever need to be modified, whether due to plane rerouting or travel plan changes.  Please be sure to list ALL possible destinations on the RTA.  Let me know if you have questions concerning what counts as a destination location that should be listed.
  • Paper RTA Request (Please do not use unless absolutely necessary, electroinc submission is preferred by department.)
  • Concur
  • Rental Cars
    • Be aware that UT will only help book or reimburse for rental cars that are under contract with UT.  VIsit Travel Management's Rental Cars policy page for details.  If traveller runs into an issue and is unable to book one of the five contracted vendors, please notify Elaine Kilduff as soon as possible (preferrably before trip dates).
  • Electronic Travel Reimbursement Request
    • Submit receipts for reimbursement within 1-2 weeks after travel has been completed.  There is a delay when receiving travel reimbursements due to processing time so keep this in mind when submitting documentation.  Be aware that submissions processed two months after completion of trip will be subject to payroll tax deductions.

If you have any questions concerning traveling including but not limited to booking flights through Anthony Travel, direct billing with hotel, rental cars, how to be reimbursed for meals that included multiple people conducting UT business, guest travel, please let us know.

International Travel

Personal vs. UT Business International Travel Policies

  • Anyone traveling abroad on University business or programs must be enrolled in the International SOS system.
  • The International Office has automated registration for faculty and staff who purchase travel through a UT-contracted travel agency.

International reservations made through other sources must be entered into the ISOS database manually by the traveler prior to departure. 

International Travel to Restricted Travel Regions needs additional approval from the International Oversight Committee (IOC).  Additional criteria for travel for student, faculty, and staff can be found in the general Restricted Regions List webpage.

Faculty Travel Grant application

Eligible faculty may receive as much as $1,400 per academic year for travel expenses to present original papers at scholarly and professional meetings.  The FTG application must be submitted at least two weeks prior to travel (RTA admin/departmental signer is Elaine Kilduff/emk493).  When applying to use these funds you must have a secondary account that can also be used for your travel in case your FTG application is denied and/or expenses exceed the current FTG yearly limit.  Please be aware that only tenured or tenure-track faculty members qualify to apply for use of these funds.

A Travel Authorization form (RTA) and a Faculty Travel Grant application should be submitted at the same time to minimize processing delays.

Back to top

Guest Speakers

Please notify the department, well in advance of guest lecturer travel, so staff will be able to process the appropriate paperwork in order to gather information from "hosting" faculty member concerning possible travel arrangements, funding accounts, advertising flyers, honorariums, etc.

Entertainment Purchases and Event Planning

  • General Info / Rules 
  • OOEF Form
  • Please let SLHS Departmental Office know if you plan to advertise and plan for a particular event so we can assist in determining how much involvement is needed, on the part of department staff, and also to determine what the "hosting" faculty member or research lab's needs will be.

Back to top

Cash Advances

  1. Complete the Participant Study Cash Advance Request Form.
  2. All cash advance requests must be submitted on department letterhead and must be processed by the department's administrative staff.
  3. Once the cash advance period has ended, turn in reconciliation form along with receipts to Elaine Kilduff in the SLHS departmental office within a week of your end-study date.

If you would like to discuss other possible options for research participant incentive programs that could be used, dependent upon funding sources and budgets, please reach out to Tania Tost through email.

Back to top


General Office Supplies: Today’s Business Solutions (UT MARKET)

Pay attention to the difference in instructions for where the order request is originating from:

  1. Who processes the order request:
    • If the order request is from a research lab or from academic faculty, please create a cart and assign it to emk493 (Elaine Kilduff) with additional notes in the "pay-from comments"section of the Punchout page indicating which account the order should be charged and Elaine will verify and process order.
    • If the order request is for the UT Speech and Hearing Center, please contact Anita Ray directly through email to list what office supplies are needed and she will process the order.
  2. If an order will include any items that are considered consumables please attach a signed OOEF.
  3. DO NOT PURCHASE OFFICE SUPPLIES WITH A PERSONAL CREDIT CARD.  Please contact Elaine Kilduff if a purchase is urgent, regardless of where it is originating from.
Amazon Items
  1. Please send a Wishlist or email of links of requested items through Amazon to Elaine Kilduff (be sure to include quantities).
  2. Email or physical send a signed Procard Purchase Request Form for your order to Elaine.
  3. If your item is available in UT Market (and is specifically an 'office supply'), please purchase through UT Market.
  4. We do have a UT Austin Business Amazon Prime account so if you or your research lab will be making frequent order requests please notify Elaine Kilduff and an individual within your lab group (preferably a lab manager, P.I., etc.) can be added our account to more easily send wishlist/carts to the department for processing.
Vendor Purchases

Please send an email, with attached vendor quote (if applicable) to Elaine Kilduff. 

Please include the following information:

  • Requestor name
  • Requestor phone number
  • Vendor name
  • Vendor Contact Number (if applicable)
  • UT’s Vendor Account Number (if applicable))
  • Specific item information/links to item webpage
  • Part Number
  • Quantity requested
  • Unit price
  • Shipping/Handling estimate or “Not To Exceed” estimate
  • UT account to charge
  • Any additional notes

Back to top

ProCard Purchases

Contact Elaine Kilduff to check out the ProCard.

If your purchase is going to be over $999.99, please let us know prior to checking out the ProCard.

All purchases made with a procurement card are exempt from State of Texas sales tax. The purchaser/requester is responsible for making sure that tax is not charged on any ProCard purchase.

ProCard Purchase Form & Instructions   

NOTE: This does not include computer equipment purchases which must be routed through the Moody Tech Team, first with a HEAT ticket request.

ProCard Software Form & Instructions

NOTE: Prior approval from the Moody Tech Team is required for software purchases and can be placed through HEAT.  This approval ticket number should be provided to Elaine Kilduff.

Back to top

Peer Observations

For Peer Observation Guidelines please take a look at the 2019 Peer Observation Guidelines.

The forms that will need to be included in all peer observation packets are:

- Peer Observation Coversheet

- CSD Peer Observation for Assessment Worksheet

Please let Carmen Hoffman or Elaine Kilduff know if there are any problems or concerns with the peer observation information.

Back to top

Other Forms and Information

Don't see the form you are looking for, please check out the Moody Business Forms chart for a listing of all other up-to-date Moody forms.

Also, further explaninations and policies can be found in the UT Handbook of Business Procedures.

Back to top